Power Shell Install
The below PowerShell script will allow you to download the .msi installer from a publicly shared URL, creating a temporary directory, install the agent, and finally remove the installer, as well as the temporary directory from the machine.
A few things of note before starting:
- You can download the .msi file from the Augmentt Portal, under Configuration -> Data. On the right-hand side of the screen, there is a download button.
- The .msi file should be uploaded to cloud storage, to a publicly available link.
- The URL for the .msi should replace the section in the ‘Invoke-WebRequest’ line, removing the angled brackets.
- The Augmentt License key should replace the angle bracketed section in the ‘msiexec’ line. The license key for the specific end client can be found within the Augmentt portal under Configuration -> Data. Ensure you copy the key for the desired end client, pasting into the code, removing the angled brackets.
Invoke-WebRequest ‘<Insert URL to download .msi installer Here, Removing Angle Brackets>’-OutFile "C:\Augmentt\DiscoveryAgentSetup.msi"
msiexec /i C:\Augmentt\DiscoveryAgentSetup.msi /quiet /qn 'WRAPPED_ARGUMENTS="/VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /extensionKey=<Insert License Key Here, Removing Angle Brackets>"'
rmdir /s C:\Augmentt
The Augmentt Discovery Agent can be locally deployed via Powershell, using the below script:
msiexec /i DiscoveryAgentSetup.msi /quiet /qn 'WRAPPED_ARGUMENTS="/VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /extensionKey=<LICENSEKEYHERE>"'
It is important to remember:
- When pasting the extension key, do not leave the <>
- Note the extra single quotes around the wrapped arguments
- Make sure the path to the MSI is correct
- Download the Agent .msi installer from the Augmentt portal.
- Replace LICENSEKEYHERE with the end client’s License Key found from within the Augmentt Portal, under: Configuration -> Files -> License Key