Why do I need Exchange Online API Authentication?
The Exchange Online API is used in place of the Microsoft Graph API for actions not yet exposed by M365 such as:
- Converting a mailbox to shared
- Giving a user access to another's OneDrive
- Retrieving and removing email alias's
- Removing delegate permissions from a user
- DLP Policy audit
- Self-service password reset
- Password Reset Notification
- teams default external/guest access
- Default Sharepoint/Onedrive settings
- Azure MFA per-user
The Exchange Online API is authenticated by a Global Admin and fully supports MFA. A secure token is then generated by the endpoint to provide a permanent safe integration.
Running the script
Error when retrieving Exchange Online Tokens "Something is up on our end"
When submitting the Exchange Online Tokens, Augmentt is utilizing functions of the Microsoft Azure Management services, which does the token retrieval for your tenant. As such, policies blocking this service will cause this operation to fail.
- Update any conditional access policies for your tenant which are restricting access to, or blocking access, to Exclude the "Microsoft Azure Management from the "Cloud Apps" category.