Augmentt Discovery Agent Deployment – Kaseya VSA
The below steps will allow you to deploy the Augmentt Discovery Agent using Kaseya VSA.
A few things to note before continuing:
- The .msi installer from the Augmentt Portal (Download from: Configuration -> Data) needs to be added to a .zip archive, and then uploaded to the VSA server at: \VSASharedFiles\Augmentt\discoveryagentsetup.zip
- Line 7 in the procedure needs to be edited to include the license key for the specific end client.
- Replace <AugmentLicense> with the key. The <> brackets are not needed, and should be removed.
- Starting things off, download the .xml file attached to this article.
- In Kaseya VSA, navigate to Agent Procedures.
- From there, under ‘Private,’ you should have a sub-folder named ‘myProcedures.’ Click on that, then on ‘Import Folder / Procedure’ at the top nav:
- Click on the camera icon, and navigate to and select the downloaded .xml file, and click ‘Save.’
- Now, under the ‘myProcedures’ folder, there should be an entry for ‘Deploy Augmentt.’ As mentioned above, edit the procedure, line 7, to include the license key for the end client.
The procedure can be run on the desired devices from this same screen, using the lower portion of the screen to schedule or ‘Run Now.’
Deploying the Augmentt Discovery Agent via Kaseya VSA via Windows Installer
- Download the Augmentt Discovery Agent, and save to your local device.
- Log into https://app.augmentt.com/
- Click to expand Configuration > Data > select the company applicable to the users the agent will be installed for.
- Click to 'Download' the agent from the Discovery Agent tab.
- Login to the Kaseya VSA portal.
On the left-hand navigation pane within VSA, expand ‘Configure,’ then click on ‘Catalog.’ On the next screen, click on ‘New,’ and select ‘Windows Installer.’
Configure the Custom Installer with the below information:
Name: Augmentt Discovery Agent
Description: Deploy the Augmentt Discovery Agent
Version: Deployment Stub
Language: Language Neutral
- Upload Installer File: Upload the . file from Step 1.
- Command Line Arguments: (Replace LICENSE KEY HERE with the key from the Augmentt portal: Configuration -> Files and copy from the License Key entry for this end client.)
/quiet / 'WRAPPED_ARGUMENTS="/VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /=LICENSE KEY HERE"' 7. On the ‘Scan Items’ tab, click on ‘Add Scan Item,’ and configure the fields as below:
Scan Type: File
Scan Item: C:\Program Files (x86)\\unins000
The Agent can now be deployed to the desired devices.